Senate Bill 1085
January 1, 2006
- Changes the current legal number of plants allowed per patient
from four (4) mature and three (3) immature to six (6) mature plants.
- Plants that have no flowers and re less than 12” in height and 12”
in diameter are considered seedlings or starts (also “clones”, etc.) And not “mature” plants.
- Changes the current legal amount of marijuana a registrant may
possess from four (4) ounces to twenty-four (24) ounces.
- Requires the OMMP to establish a “grow site registration system”
to authorize the production of marijuana by the registry cardholder, the
designated primary caregiver or a person responsible for a grow site. Creates new classification of “grow
site registrant” that will add marginal cost to the registration database.
- Limits the number of patients, for whom a grower can grow
marijuana, at a “multiple patient” grow site, to four (4) patients. Currently there is no limit.
- Prohibits a grower from producing marijuana for five (5) years, if
convicted of a drug related offense.
- Prohibits a patient from producing marijuana for five (5) years,
if convicted of a drug related offense and limits the amount of marijuana
a patient may posses to one (1) ounce.
- Mandates that a person, when transporting marijuana, must be in possession
of a registration card.
- Mandates the OMMP to provide law enforcement with a verification
system that permits access to information twenty-four (24) hours per day,
seven (7) days per week – referred to as “24/7” and “24x7”.
- Removes “affirmative defense” for possession of marijuana in
excess of allowable amounts (this was the key issue for law enforcement
and would have allowed for patients to be in possession of amounts greater
than statute permits).
- Permits but does not mandate appropriate health care providers to
assist registered patients in the administration of medical marijuana.
- Requires the Department of Human Services (DHS) to create an
advisory committee on medical marijuana to replace the existing
administrative work group.
Back to TOP |
WORD (doc) version |
Adobe (PDF) version |
Library index ]